She's two. She's funny. She's beautiful. She says the darndest things. She dances and sings. She's smart. She's kind and soft. She lights up our lives; she's amazing Grace.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Bedtime Cuddles

Since we're moving we've eliminated everything from upstairs, which means Grace is in bed with us (save your opinions for someone who cares...). Last night as we were thisclose to sleep, Grace sat straight up and yelled at Dallan to turn the light off (she gets it backwards when she is flustered). Once he did, she looked at him, wrapped herself around his head and while stroking his face said, "is okay, I'm here Daddy, I'm here" all while rocking back and forth. When we kissed her and giggled she started laughing too and laid down. Then we kissed one another and she said "guys, guys GUYS that's disgusting"...

The rocking made me think of this amazing shot (thanks again N'tima!):





This morning while getting ready for school she couldn't decide what shoes to wear. Literally a ten minute process. I was proud. Dallan was annoyed. He said she simply had too many options to choose from. I verbally agreed but inside, inside I was screaming "She LOVES shoes! YEEEEESSSS!!!!"

She ended up with these ones:

3 comments:

  1. OMG! She is so ridiculously beautiful. We sure do miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's just perfect. Love, love, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Thank you for doing this kirst. It helps me feel so much closer to you guys and ms. G. I need to see her beautiful smiles, and funny little things she does more than I probably ought. I love you guys! Thanks for everything that you've ever done for us. I'm so happy that you guys have ms. G, she truly is a blessing to all! :) Hugs from miles away

    ReplyDelete