She's two. She's funny. She's beautiful. She says the darndest things. She dances and sings. She's smart. She's kind and soft. She lights up our lives; she's amazing Grace.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Learning Our Colors

For Father's Day, Grace, Auntie Moe and I took Grandpa to a River Cats baseball game. Grace and I weren't able to make it until the fourth inning so we were only there about two hours, but my sunburn would lead you to believe I had been sunbathing for a week...

Fast forward to Tuesday...When I picked Grace up from "school" Miss Melanie said to me "Wow, did you get sunburned!" Grace piped in and said "yeah, mommy is PINK and I got BROWN!" Ummm...we exchange glances and I thought quickly about how to handle this milestone in our multi-racial family..."Grace you were always brown..." "Oh" she said, "then I got BLACK!" I just smiled.

She is accurate about 75% of the time when it comes to her colors, the one time she always is right is the color white, though for Grace it is the color "milk", as in "I want to wear my milk shorts" or "those clouds are milk" or "mommy you are milk". Indeed baby I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment